Cleaning Vinyl Floors
Luxury Vinyl Care & Maintenance
Get up to $500 off your next luxury vinyl flooring purchase >
How to clean luxury vinyl floors
Luxury vinyl is a very durable flooring solution, and most products available today are water-resistant if not completely waterproof! With just a few simple routine steps, you'll be able to keep your floors looking new and beautiful for many years!
- With a soft bristle broom, sweep to remove loose dirt
- Damp-mop as needed using clean water and a non-abrasive floor cleaning product - avoid harsh chemicals!
Mohawk luxury vinyl flooring beats the competition at heat, sun, and water resistance, so you can live more and worry less. Use these best practices for regular care and maintenance to extend the life of your floor even further.
How to prevent damage to luxury vinyl floors
Luxury vinyl floors are resistant to most common types of damage, including from heat, sun (UV) and moisture exposure. Live more, worry less! Below are some best practices to help extend your floor's lifespan even further:
- Clean up all spills immediately
- Never push, pull or drag furniture across your floors, as this can scrape and chip your tile or plank. Always lift and carry all heavy items.
- Use flat, non-staining floor protectors underneath all appliances
For Extra Protection...
High-quality floor mats and area rugs will go a long way in protecting your floors! Place these at all entrances and exits, underneath furniture and in areas that will likely experience a lot of foot traffic. This will also help reduce the amount of tracked-in damaging materials such as dirt, sand and oils.